picture

Monday, August 30, 2010


Alice's Tea Cup

After church on Sunday, I went to one of my favorite places in the city, "Alice's Tea Cup," with my friends Martin and Nick. It is a little spot on the Upper East Side that is filled with whimsical happiness. The theme of the restaurant is "Alice in Wonderland" and the walls are lined with pictures of the Mad Hatter's tea party and quotes from the book. They even sell fairy dust and little girls come in glitzed up with that any of the fairy wings that adorn the walls.
I usually skip the dress up but never the tea. They have about a 15 page tea menu which I am continually shocked by. Martin gets the smokey tea, it smells like a campfire, but he loves it. Then there are the famously delicious scones. This is a strawberry one I had in January, but on Sunday I had the blueberry banana. It's served with jelly and cream. If you get the formal tea you get to choose from these little tea sandwiches, egg salad is my fav, a scone, and assorted cookies, all for you! You also get a little tea pot like the one below. It's a can't miss in the city!



No comments:

Post a Comment