picture

Wednesday, August 18, 2010


Two Adults and a Baby.......

Such a classic New York moment occurred this evening. Carly (who I will refer to as "Rooms" because we roomed together last summer at NYU and I nickname all people I love) and I were walking home from Community Group. We were just strolling, it was a beautiful night, digesting the bible study and suddenly, we saw a flash of fur. Yep, you guessed it, three of New York's finest scurried across the sidewalk into the nearby bush. Three rats, or as Rooms put it, "It was two adults and a baby! There was two big ones and a little squirmy one." As we were slowing down our breathing and laughing, the gag reflex came. I literally feel like I may vom when I see a rat. Just thinking about it conjures up the feeling. :)
Rooms and I safely crossed the street and got a good laugh out of it. I am still laughing really. I love New York, but I can live without the rats. Here's to the 5th Floor!


3 comments:

  1. here is a san antonio anecdote that I thought up today "I can honestly say that I have never eaten a meal inside a Target...what does that say about me...as a person?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it say's you have good taste. They don't even have Targets here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate-
    I think your illustration of the rat on your post is much too friendly! He looks like you might invite him up to your apt. for tea! A real cutie!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete