picture

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

HOT Tamales!

I have only one complaint thus far of the city I now call home: the heat. Now, I know you fellow Texans are saying, "Oh please, it's 110 degrees here, give me a break!" I know, I felt the exact same way. Well friends, let me tell you something, we were mistaken. In Texas, you go from one ACed place to the next. I have never been so grateful for an AC. I seek them out these days at Starbucks, grocery stores, museums, laundry mats, wherever there is a breeze. I could buy an AC, but the 5 flights and installation process have stopped me. So, I have fans. Lots of fans, five to be exact, one in every room. (plus the personal one I use on the subway) There is a constant humming sound flowing through my abode, but I find it quite comforting.
However, I don't want you to worry because I have discovered some bonuses of living without AC in August in New York City. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Great opportunity to drink TONS of water
2. Wearing a lot of different outfits each day
3. Sweating off those unwanted lbs
4. Ice cream, popsicles, & froyo
5. Watching kids running through the fire hydrant
6. Sticking your head in the freezer
7. Wearing a swimsuit around your house
8. Not turning on the stove/oven, easy cooking
9. Eating lots of salty foods (need to replenish)
10. Taking a freezing cold shower before bed

See, it's basically a party everyday. Wish you were here with me, I would share my fan with you. Stay cool friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment