picture

Sunday, August 15, 2010


A Day at the Beach

It's almost been 2 weeks since I started my new life here and things have been going wonderfully! As soon as I got done whining about that heat, it cooled down. I have had fans off, windows open, and enjoyed less sweat. It's amazing. The apt is pretty much done, and I had my first dinner party this weekend. What a great feeling! I love having people over and feeding them.
Last Friday, I did something very New Yorkish. My friend, John Son, who I met at Kensington Publishing last summer, and I headed to the beach. Not just any old beach either. This beach is called, Fort Tildon. It's at the end of the A train to Brooklyn, and it's an old Army base. Surrounding the beach are old Army buildings and bunkers which are very beautiful in their own empty, sad way. The beach is not well known and is unique in that you can go there and not have 600 people sitting around you. We brought cheese, bread, fruit, chips and guac, and Coronas for a great afternoon! The ocean was beautiful and the sun came out to give us a nice little tan. Only an hour and a half from the city and you're in for a day of relaxation. Thank you John Son!!

1 comment: