picture

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thank Goodness for Bobo

    

    This fall, I am spending two days a week interning at The Calhoun School on the UWS for my school counseling degree. It is an absolutely wonderful school filled with kind teachers and sweet students. I have learned loads about school counseling and progressive education, and I feel very blessed that my mentor took me on for the fall. I could go on and on about the school, but the foodie in me has to tell you about their chef. Yes, a real chef. Chef Bobo is a big celebrity at Calhoun. He is a huge advocate of teaching kids about healthy eating, sustainable foods, and exploring their palates. He knows Michele Obama my friends.
 

     Each day a menu is posted of some gorgeous, restaurant style entree with a creative soup, over the top sandwich, and ever present salad bar. I can't even tell you the difference this man is making for this school and me. (teachers eat free!) Some of my favorite eats have been: squash soup, oven fried catfish, kale with raisins, pesto and mozzarella sandwiches, bucatinne pasta, veggie meatloaf, and sunbutter and quince sandwiches. Love. I see kids eating fresh figs for goodness sakes! It's so exciting to see kids excited about food. I am convinced there is a happy mood and positive energy at the school because of Chef Bobo. He is a cooking genius in my book and in the heart of Calhoun.

For more information on Chef Bobo: https://www.calhoun.org/boboblog?rc=1



No comments:

Post a Comment