picture

Friday, April 27, 2012


A Plethora of Papers

On the subway in the morning there are free newspapers, the "AM NY" and the "Metro." They have a little news, celebrity gossip, crosswords, horoscopes, and lots of advertisements. Not great, but they are free and entertaining. Each stop has a person passing out these papers, some more aggressively than others. I have a man at my station now that is literally shoving that in my face quite rudely each morning. I am about to have a "Come to Jesus meeting" with him.
However persistent he is, I can't take another paper. I already have 3 facing me each morning. I have two first graders that bring me a paper each day. They strut in proudly with their delivery. It makes me smile and affirms my notion that first graders should run the world with their cheerful dispositions. And lately I have been taking one from this sweet man at my exit station. He is so positive, tells everyone to have a blessed day, and works very hard. The past two days he has given me a little wave. I think I am becoming a regular! :)
The sad part is that I don't read the papers. None of them. I read "New York Post" on my iPhone and watch the "Today Show" for my news. But, it's the thought that counts. Thank goodness for recycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment