picture

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Black is Back

Or maybe it never went away? Winter in Manhattan is a dark time, literally it's dark from 5 PM to 7 AM. Although we have been pretty lucky with only a couple sightings of snow this year, it's still quite chilly most days.
Besides the frigid weather, one reminder of winter is the color black. New York turns into a sea of black-black puffy jackets, black hats, black gloves, black scarves, black earmuffs, and black boots. As I write this today, I am wearing black boots, black jeans, and a black shirt. I did try to mix it up with a cream sweater but still I look like a goth, if truth be told. It's just amazing how monochromatic the city becomes for a few months with everyone bundled up in this statement color. Looking forward to a colorful spring and summer to emerge soon! Until then I will rest comfortably and warmly in the black abyss.


As I was standing in the new Apple store at Grand Central, I looked out over the sea of commuters and saw... Black is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment