picture

Saturday, October 23, 2010


Why blog?


Why do this? Why spend time typing it? Why do I take tons of photos on my mini-camera phone? Why do I get so much joy out of this? Why, why, why?


I have spent some time in my epic airport adventure today thinking about this, and I think I have come up with some answers. They are as follows, in no particular order:

  1. I like for my family and friends to know what I am doing up here in “Yankeeland.” I think some thought I would be up here just freezing and eating Raman Noodles. The second is clearly untrue, I have had some unreal eating experiences, but the first is still likely. It’s only October.
  2. To showcase this beautiful city. It has so much to offer, and I want YOU to see it. NYC is like a newborn to me. I take pictures of it, talk about it to anyone and everyone, try and figure out new things to do with it, and want everyone to come visit it.
  3. Finally, I blog because I want you to know how genuinely blessed I feel to be here. I am coming up on 3 months, and I still don’t believe I live in New York City. It was a risk to come here, and I left a lot of sweet people and things in Texas, namely my washing machine. However, it’s been fabulous so far. I have so many people to thank for encouraging me, helping me through decisions, listening to my constant back and forth, and giving me the reassurance I needed to move here. THANK YOU to those people! I write this for you, because I want you to know how deeply you have impacted me.

I, Oprah Thamer, want to encourage you to figure out what a goal is for you and just go for it! Strive for it, don’t back down, know at the end of this you’ll have put everything you could into it, and get a great circle of people around you to encourage and help you. It feels so good to achieve it and you won’t regret trying! Then, write a blog about it and I will read it.



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading about NYC and living vicariously through you! You are so brave for venturing out and doing this and taking this leap of faith! I wish I had that much courage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love reading your blog and get so excited every time there is an update. I miss you terribly but I am so happy for you. Thank you for blogging so I can keep up with you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Love you!! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete