picture

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Adventures

Write Blog....it's been sitting on my to do list for about 2 months. I am not sure why I have been absent so long. It's been a busy time with finishing up a great school year, traveling to the Dominican Republic with my best friend Susanna, studying abroad in Greece, and packing to move to Astoria tomorrow! Whew, I probably shouldn't even be blogging now, but there's no time like the present.

I feel a little sad to be leaving this beautiful neighborhood that welcomed me into NYC two years ago. This morning, I made my last routine laundry at Bubbles on Broadway/run in Riverside park/Absolute Bagel run. There are several things I will miss seeing. I will miss the Dominican men that sit outside their stoop all day everyday, my grocery store, "Garden of Eden," the view of the city when I look down my street each morning, the Catholic church on 107th, the access to Central and Riverside park, and the smell of mexican foods cooking in my apartment building. The walk up to my fifth floor apartment, not going to miss as much. :) I am so thankful for these past two years here and the memories I have made.

Tomorrow the "Movers of Oz" will arrive and take my belonging to Astoria. I am moving in with my wonderful boyfriend, Pat. We are excited to start a new adventure there. I look forward exploring a new neighborhood filled with cultures from all over the world and will fill you in here on the blog about it all. 

Hope you're all enjoying the pleasure of summer- watermelon, berries, cold drinks, sun, the beach, and sandals. 
xoxo


Hellgate Bridge seen from Astoria Park

No comments:

Post a Comment